How much it costs to develop an on-demand app like Instacart
Founded in 2012 by Apoorva Mehta and Max Mullen, one of them is a serial entrepreneur and the other one is a former Amazon
employee. Instacart allows its users to hire a personal shopper who can shop on their behalf in the local market. This business
approach is similar to other on-demand grocery delivery apps yet the only difference is Instacart’s customers get the feeling of
getting fresh products as well as helping out local stores by shopping from them rather than going to malls. This business model
is so successful that in the year 2019, Instacart was over $2 billion in valuation. If you are also inspired by Instacart’s business
model and looking to invest in an app like Instacart by developing an app and wondering about How much it cost to developan on-demand app like Instacart? Well in such case, Welcome to the Tech Pathway blog, today we are going to share with you how much it cost to develop an on-demand app like Instacart as well as other key elements you will need in order to make your app successful.
How does Instacart work
· First, you will have to register on the Instacart mobile app or website using your credentials.
· Second, once the sign up is complete you will need to sign in to the platform.
· Third, after that is done you will land on the app’s main page where you can choose your location.
· After that, you can shop from all the local stores and pay for them using your debit card, credit card as well as using net banking too.
· Once you have placed an order on Instacart, a shopper will go on your behalf and shop those items from local stores in your area and deliver your order on the same day or next day.
Key elements of a successful grocery delivery app
Address the pain points of the customers
First of all, in order to develop an app that becomes successful and popular among users, the main focus should be on developing an easy to use, user-friendly application. So that your on-demand grocery delivery solution can easily be accessed by the end-users and encourage user engagement. In addition to this, your app should be capable of addressing pain points of customers those other applications fail to see.
Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the competitors
In order to develop an app that addresses everything, a user needs as well as demands you will have to focus on market research. Doing strong market research to find out what it is that others are lacking and how it is affecting their users will be a big help for your app’s success. Once you have found out even a single weakness in your competitor’s product and solve that issue in your then there are high chances you will attract their customer base too.
Focus on better design and layout
Focusing on better design and layout is one of the things that you should definitely invest your time and resources in order to present the best application. Although you can invest in minimum essential features and basic design no one wants to come again to an app that doesn’t look up to date. This means updating your app regularly is also important.
Provide personalized experience
Personalized experience can be provided to users by using machine learning and AI to manipulate their content. Once you have used your app enough times you can use that data to find out what they will like to check & order and suggest that product to them. This approach makes the user feel a better-personalized experience.
Key features of an app like Instacart
On-demand grocery delivery app Panels
· Sign in
· User profile
· Browse products
· Search products
· Schedule delivery
· Order tracking
· Order management
· Multiple payment methods
· Feedback and settings
· Accept or reject the order
· In-app GPS
· In-app call and chat
· In-app customer care support
· In-app payment method
· Content management system
· User management system
· Push notification management system
· Analytical tools
· Revenue management system
Technology Stack for developing the on-demand grocery delivery app
· For Payment – Braintree, Stripe, Paypal
· User location Finding – Google Places API
· Direction Finding – MapKit, Google Maps
· For Registrations – Facebook SDK, Gmail SDK
· For Storage – AWS, Google, Azure, Digital Ocean
· For Analytics – Firebase, Google Analytics
The total delivery cost of a grocery delivery mobile app will be determined as any other on-demand solution’s cost. We are going to mention a few key factors which will decide the final cost of iOS app development as well as Android app development.
· The country-wise location of the development company: Hiring a USA based company then will cost you anywhere between $200 to $250 per hour whereas an online solution development company from India will charge you almost $40 to $50 per hour.
- The total number of Panels and Features of the app: The total number of required panels (in this case total 3 panels) with the total number of features you want in those panels will also affect your app’s design development cost.
- The UI & UX of the app: A smooth and user-friendly UI and UX is a necessity for an app to get successful between users. Investing in a better as well as smoother Ui & UX is recommended.
- The total number of supported platforms: If you want your application to run on both Android app development as well as iOS app development then your app’s final cost will be increased.
- The final design and development cost of your on-demand grocery delivery app will be anywhere between $5,000 to $50,000 depending upon the above-mentioned factors.
Looking for a company to hire
If you are looking for a development company then you are exactly in the right place. Tech Pathway is India’s one of the top leading IT consultancy companies. The approach we use while creating the on-demand application is better than others since at first, we try to understand your application & your needs, and then after discussing it with our experts, we will proceed to the development process.
Here’s what we offer
· Application Maintenance and update
· Quality customer service
· Record time delivery
· Post-development support
· Easy to update and maintain code script